Saturday, January 8, 2011

Soups, sandwiches

I guess I've been in a bit of a cooking slump since I got back from the holidays.  Part of it is the busyness of getting into a new quarter, and part of it is being out of the habit of cooking and blogging, since I didn't do too much of that while I was staying with family and friends.

I have some exciting things planned--several beet recipes and pomegranate recipes, plus a whole thing on powdered dry mustard--but I've also been eating a lot of simple food, and repeats of old recipes, like Celeste's mushroom leek soup and my spicy carrot ginger soup (pictured below with mustard greens fried with onion, garlic, cumin, tamari, and lemon).

And, I'm still riding the sandwich train.  Below: sprouted rye bread with (bottom to top) vegenaise, whole grain mustard, avocado, lemon juice, sprouts, and black pepper.  Yum.

No comments: